Through the Olive Branch for Children, we have over 10 years of experience in the Mbarali District, and have established long-term partnerships with community members and village leaders.
Is to provide the space where Mbeya Residents can brainstorm, explore and develop their ideas in a way that has only been available in Dar-es-Salaam and Northern Tanzania. We hope to move beyond the development norm of providing a prescribed set of business ideas and skills for the rural population, while allowing them freedom to create.
We believe in creating bi-lateral knowledge sharing relations that focus on a cross-cultural learning experience for both Tanzanians, and international personnel. We want Mentees who are able to learn from both skilled international personnel, and skilled Tanzanians, ensuring a wholistic education experience. We provide the space for development solutions to be innovated and co-created in an environment that ensures equal opportunities for everyone involved.
What We've Achieved
- Opening of Kubuni Centre in October, 2017
- Full-functioning carpentry workshop
- Carpentry Apprenticeship Program
- Maisha Design Centre
- In December 2017, we had our first Bamboo Artisan Training
- In January 2018, we had our first Batiking Training
- In January 2018, we established a MUST-KUBUNI collaborative through the Okoa Project & established our full-functioning outdoor welding space